Raising awareness of girls’ issues on national and international agendas is an important part of our work. If you would like to contact us about our writing, research, or other forms of collaboration, drop us a line. Check out our advocacy work below.
- In August 2016, we organized a Girl Support Committee Symposium in Kathmandu. The event hosted over a hundred Girl Support Committee members, their mentors and teachers. The girls published recommendations for aid agencies and a declaration. Check out the details here.
- Four months after the April 2015 earthquake we partnered with Oxfam to develop two episodes of a radio show – one on early marriage in the earthquake affected communities, and one on menstrual hygiene. The show on early marriage was later developed into a comic book. Check out the details.
- Periods shouldn’t keep girls out of schools. Our November 2014 #PointPeriod Campaign, conducted in partnership with Day of the Girl Summit aimed at raising awareness on the links between menstruation and education and what is needed. You can download our infographics and read all the details here.
- To celebrate the Day of the Girl in 2013, we partnered with a number of organizations and created Her Day – a short video on the lives of girls around the world. Check it out here!
- You can see our advocacy work in various national and international media here.